You want to go plant-based but equally love your chicken?
I also love my fish and chicken but I have been following a plant-based diet my whole life.
What I do to balance my diet is adding one or two vegetables to my fish curry or chicken curry. For example, all my fish curries are vegetables based. I also add potatoes/mustard greens/kohlrabi to my chicken dish.
This addition will not alter the taste, but it will enhance it and you get to add more plants to your tummy. Here’s a recipe for a vegetable-based chicken curry. I am using potatoes here, but you can replace it with pumpkin or kohlrabi or cauliflower.
Chicken Curry with Potatoes
- ½ kg chicken.
- 2 medium sized potatoes cut into fours.
- 50 ml oil of your choice.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder.
- 5 large sized onions sliced thinly.
- 2 tablespoons of ginger-garlic paste.
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder.
- Heat the oil on a wok.
- Once it is smoking, add the onions and sauté till they are golden brown.
- Now, add the chicken, salt, turmeric, cumin powder, ginger garlic paste and mix well. Lower the heat, cover the wok, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir them gently and add the potatoes.
- Now again cover and cook until the chicken stops releasing water.
- Put the flame into high and stir for 1-2 minutes. Add water until the content is submerged.
- Bring it to boil. Cook on high flame until you reach the required curry consistency, and the chicken is tender.
- Adjust the salt.
Switch off the gas and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.