Hey buddies! How was your Holi? We have a blast while doing it in the confinement of our house. We played with organic gulal like turmeric powders so that we do not use much water in cleaning ourselves.
This small step helped us to preserve water on our part. To help the environment, you do not need to put huge efforts. Some simple steps of your behalf will help the environment to be clean and healthy.
In this post, I am going to share some simple steps that we take as a family to help out environment. Hope this post will also help you to take small steps but giant leaps towards a clean environment.
Simple Tips You Can Follow to Help the Environment
- Reduce your water usage. Do not waste water in tasks that can be done without it. For example, if you use washing machine, do not use it for smaller amount of clothes. Instead use it twice or thrice a week.
- Always remember to switch off unnecessary lights and appliances.
- Do not use central cooling systems until it is essential. It absorbs way more power to cool the whole house than a single room.
- Go for recycle and reuse.
- Do not create food waste.
- Use your kitchen waste to make organic manure.
- Reduce your use of plastics.
- Introduce dolls or toys made of reusable plastics.
- Switch to clean eating.
- Shop locally.
- Go for natural farming.
- Plant trees on your birthday.
- If you can, go for small parties or family get together for birthdays.
- Whenever you visit a holy place, instead of lightning candles or incense sticks, just pray.
- Go for natural products.
- If you can use as much DIY products as you can.
This post is a part of #CauseAChatter by Blogchatter